Wednesday, December 2, 2009

New Moon Night

I decided, to convert this funny experience I had some time back, into a poem. The 'Mr. A' over here actually refers to Mr. Bhushan (one of my uncles), who has a great sense of humor. I occasionally hang out with him and his family on holidays on his farmhouse at a remote village, away from the city life.


Mr. A, a man with wealth and charm
in far off village, he bought a farm.

About his arrival he went to apprise
the village elders, supposedly wise.

One elder invited him, at dusk to dine.
He said, 'to serve you, the pleasure is mine'.

At dinner that night the elder did warn,
"Every new moon night, near your barn

Your farm is haunted, warned you be,
By accursed female spirits three.

Those three died long ago some day,
At your very own farm, Mr. A

Many have heard their ghostly croon.
You mustn't wander on night of new moon"

Mr. A in fact a well known playboy,
Considered this tale for a moment coy.

“Thank you sir for your kind concern
This was important for me to learn.

Pray do me favor, tell village men
Should they chance to see those three again,

Tell those ghost women, that Mr. A
Has come to their place for prolonged stay

Having known this fact, those three will soon
Amend their schedule of nights, new moon.

The village would need not, anymore fright.
They'll come for my sake, every night"





No comments: